Charlotte, NC is a great place to call home and to build your new custom home.
The Queen City is rapidly growing and now is the 16th largest city in the United States. Charlotte is home to several large Fortune 500 companies such as Lowes, Bank of America, Duke Energy, Honeywell, Truist, Nucor, Sonic Automotive, and more.
Charlotte is located in Mecklenburg County, but the greater Charlotte region spans several counties and has a population of over 2.5 million people.
The city enjoys a wide variety of food, arts and culture making it a great place to raise a family. Residents enjoy the Charlotte Panthers NFL, Hornets NBA, Carowinds amusement park and the US National Whitewater Center.
Are you considering building a new custom home in Charlotte, NC?
Here are some of the top areas to consider:
- Mecklenburg County
- Charlotte sits in Mecklenburg County which is home to several different towns and neighborhoods. People enjoy living in Charlotte for easy access to all of the city’s amenities such as Uptown as well as being close to major employers.
- Charlotte has many beautiful older neighborhoods (Myers Park, Plaza Midwood, Elizabeth, NoDa) as well as newer communities (South Park, Steele Creek, University City, Pineville, Mattthews, Cornelius). Housing prices have increased in Charlotte in recent years due to the city’s strong population growth. Yet, there are thousands of new homes added each year.
- Surrounding Areas
- In surrounding areas, land is less expensive and more readily available than in Mecklenburg County. Many like living in Gaston, Union and Cabarrrus counties due to their close proximity to all Charlotte has to offer, but for less money.
- Gaston County – Just to the West of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County, Gaston County offers a number of great options to build a new home. Gaston County is home to the cities of Gastonia, Belmont, Shelby and Mount Holly.
- Union County – To the southeast of Charlotte, lies Union County. This area is also experiencing rapid growth as Charlotte neighborhoods expand outward. Some of the towns part of Union County include Indian Trail, Mint Hill, Matthews and Monroe.
- Cabarraus – Located to the northeast of Charlotte, Cabarrus county is a fast growing community home to many new custom homes. Concord is the largest city and home to the Charlotte Motor Speedway – a major event on the NASCAR circuit. Kannapolis is the other major town in the county.
Are you ready to build a custom home in Charlotte, NC? Get started today!